– Great place to visit in Vermont. Great selection of gifts and treats to eat. The apple cider slushy was great. Nice selection of Vermont craft beers, cheese , and of course maple syrup. The price of the maple syrup was less expensive than in Stowe or Burlington. Close to the Battle Monument as well, which is exceptional.
– Authenic Apple-themed Vermont bakery and souvenir shop!
– Great food
– Very perfect for the tourist. Apple cider and Maple syrup for you to try. They ship too. Very handy.
– What a wonderful place lots of authentic goods….great tasty treats…could spend a whole day there
– Free cheese samples, super nice and helpful staff, and awesome little desserts. Great place for a quick bite.
– So good and fun place to take kids love it
– Unique products and friendly staff. The maple soft serve ice cream is worth trying.
– It’s an amazing place with great baked goods and a large variety of Vermont products. A must see place on your way through.
– Great variety of delicious treats.
– Friendly service and great selection
– Amazing food friendly staff and comfortable atmosphere
– Food is fresh and the donuts are awesome. Friendly service
– Delicious and various food and products made of apple
– Delicious fudge…
– Classic Vermont Stop Shop. You get some really good homemade stuff here. I have gone here for years, a nice selection of products. Hay maze in the fall. Some pumpkins for sale. But mostly apple items. Fudge and Cheeses also for sale. Some baked items look good too. This place is really good at combining a place that is fun to browse, but also one that attracts the big crowds (tour buses). This is often the first / last stop when visiting Vermont from out of state. Either direction, make sure you pick up some stuff before you leave.
– Best pie ever. Should be open year round but it’s only seasonal. Can’t wait til spring
– Nice Vermont cheese in addition to apples and pies.
– Love the apple barn so good
– Good,very good deserts to eat. Wine,hard cider and Vermont trinkets.
– Great place for finding tasty, fresh treats
– Cute store with lots of different items for sale. a worthwhile experience.
– Good for apple cider donuts and apple juice.
– Love the atmosphere, food, and popcorn!
– Been coming here for many years. This is THE place for very addictive homemade pies and baked goods. Just don’t be hungry when you arrive or you’ll find yourself buying more than you can carry out the door.
– Our favorite stop on our way into Bennington. Great selection, everything is pretty and tasty. Good rest rooms.
– Best cider donuts anywhere. Great country store as well.
– Do not miss this place. It is Vermont condensed into an adorable tourist trap. The truth is though. The apples and the cider donuts are mad tasty.
– Good selection of Vermont products ranging from cider, wine, cheeses, baked goods, and maple products. It’s bigger than I thought, too!
– Delicious doughnuts and cider.
– Great place for everything Vermont.souvenirs, food, great baked goods. Try their frozen apple drink, it’s very refreshing. Baked goods are delicious.
– Expensive and touristy but who cares: it’s clean, well-stocked with local goodies, and everyone is friendly and helpful. The price here goes to the donuts, which I only recently discovered and will now have to talk myself out of on a weekly basis. Wow. Like WOW. do yourself a favor and get the maple bacon one. Holy good God. They have all kinds of delicious VT goodies like wine and maple everything. Their cider is awesome and the cider donuts are worth the trip. During the fall they have pumpkins and all kinds of seasonal items and activities.
– Great bakery on an apple orchard, make incredible donuts right there.
– Great Vermont Destination!! Delicious baked goods made right on premises. Wonderful selection of gifts and souvenirs. Love the new Tasting Room, too!
– Great place.
– What a great place! The staff is friendly and make you very welcome. The Apple Cider donuts are great! They have such a variety of things to offer from food to clothes to Cider and everything in between! It is definitely on my list to stop every year
– The apple barn is the bet place to go. I love their home made breads etc.
– You must stop for the apple cider donuts at this quaint roadside shop. It also features other fresh baked goods, apple cider, and wines.
– Have always loved going here. Apples are always fresh. Apple squares are awesome. Love to see all the great changes through the year.
– Very authentic farm fresh foods from the area and the prices weren’t to bad either. If I’m ever in the area I would go back.
– Perfect little place to stop and get some hot apple cider and a donut. and popcorn. And honey. And syrup. And dog treats. And apples and pumpkins. Got one of everything to bring home 🙂
– The absolute best. You must stop by here if your in Bennington,VT!
– The fresh and warm apple cider donuts are AMAZING! The Cheddar cheese was phenomenal.
– Wonderful cheese and apple cider Donuts! I really like this place, but it would be better if there was apple picking.
– Best donuts you’ll ever have! Thank you for the long rides from VT to BJ’s in MA so we can have the opportunity to have a taste of Mini Ciders.
– Wonderful people, whimsical decorations and YUMMY snacks!! The mini apple cider donuts…should have gotten more than 2 boxes!! Cannot wait to go back 🙂
– Delicious fresh pies and pastries. We pick blueberries here every year.
– My family loves this place! The donuts and cheeses are amazing! We make a special stop here every time from NH on our way to visit family in Pownal. Can’t wait for opening day!!
My favorite place to stop in when i go home to visit.
I was sad because I had not been able to get up there this year. (4 hour ride) My brother brought me two packages of the mini-cider donuts when we met at a family function in New Hampshire. I was so happy, and they were sooooooo… good! Thank you!
Probably one of the best donuts I’ve ever eaten, Apple Cider donuts are the BOMB!
We picked these [Mini-Ciders] up at a local BJ’s for the first time. Honestly these are the best donuts I have ever had. Really impressed, Thank You!
Amazing apple crumb cake bread. It is delicious! Soft, fresh and delicious. We bought one today, it was a big mistake… Should of bought two. Lol
Thank you everyone at the Apple Barn for being a special part of our vacation! ( 3 visits in a week, Love those donuts! ) We are looking forward to next year. We did go to Papa Pete’s for breakfast as you recommended and it was AWESOME! Not only the food but the people were so down to earth. When I stopped to see if I needed to request a table for Saturday, I was asked if I had a dog. The reason they asked is because they allow dogs outside on their deck, It was so nice not to have him left in the truck while we had breakfast. Thanks again.
Enjoying a breakfast of buttermilk pancakes and dark VT maple syrup that we picked up yesterday at your awesome store!
– Wish you guys shipped your pies! You have amazing quality baked goods.
– Wonderful apples, ice cream, coffee, baked goods, candy, pumpkins, and cute stuff!!
We have been going to the apple barn for a couple of years now. The sharp cabot cheddar cheese which is cut from a huge wheel with string is the best ever and the homemade maple ice cream is to die for. This year I want to pick fresh berries from the farm sometime starting in June.
I live out of town but am a North Adams native. Always stop by for your fabulous apple cider donuts each summer! Can’t beat them!
– A truly special place with all the great baked goods and Vermont gifts. Once you walk in the door you will be amazed at all the wonderful smells!
– Love it!!!!!
– Seriously sharp Cabot cheeeeeese!! And Macintosh apples!
– Best place on earth
– Great shop great doughnuts.
– Best baked goods anywhere!!!!
– OMG got an apple pie, cider donuts, and fresh corn yesterday. All were amazing!
Best doughnuts and amazing fruit 🙂 Actually just the best everything!
Love their pies!!! They’re amazing! Can’t wait to go back this summer!
My wife and I travel through Bennington every year. We make it a point to stop at the Apple Barn. Thank you for making our stop so Wonderful!
YIPPPEEEE!!!!! we live in Maine and we LOVE to visit Apple barn when we are out that way, which is a few times a year. LOVE the maple sugar candy…
– Reasonably priced. Worth a stop for breakfast and photos.
– Large gift shop of Vermont goodies. Had a good prices on gallon size maple syrup. Also had the large blocks of Cabot cheese. Didn’t try their baked goods. Was intrigued by maple ice cream. Really friendly staff.
– The Apple Barn consists of a bakery and a store selling your usual Vermont goodies that you can find at any tourist hole. The cider doughnuts are out of this world. They sell lots of them, so at any time on busy weekends your doughnuts will be hot and fresh. They are crispy on the outside and extremely light and soft inside. I know my cider doughnuts, and these may be the best I have had. They also sell other assorted baked goods, pies (and half pies), breads (yeast and quick breads), brownies, etc.
The touristy section has your usual moose themed mugs, t-shirts, maple syrup, maple candy, a small assortment of Vermont cheddar, jams, jellies, etc. They also have some pick your own fruits depending on the season.
It is definitely worth a stop if you are in the area for the cider doughnuts alone!
– I used to work in Williamstown, MA and would make the 30 min trek to this delightful bakery. Pownal is a middle-of-nowhere town and the Apple Barn is a hidden gem. It has interesting events in the fall including a corn maze for the kiddies. But, let’s get down to what’s important: The pies. I LOVE the apple crumb with a mix of brown sugar and oatmeal. I try to go every time I visit family in Massachusetts. They have a fair selection of Cabot Cheeses, which is a nice addition to the bread they sell. They have a sunflower grain bread that is out of this world. They also make cookies, which aren’t too bad, but the apple crumb pie is #1! Heard they are now selling cake, I’m making my way up North again soon, so I’ll repost if it’s any good!
– Love stopping here. Baked goods are homemade. Nice selection of cheeses, wines and gifts.
My husband, daughter, and I stopped at the Apple barn tonight. And even though you were closed you were still kind enough to give my daughter a pumpkin and some donuts! Thank you for your kindness and generosity! We will definitely be back!
I used to live in Pownal, I always shopped there. After 20 years in Fl. I am heading home to Pittsfield Ma and this is one of the places I can not wait to shop in.
Thank you so much for the wonderful tour we had, we learned a lot. You were so wonderful to us we recommend that people take a tour.
– Best trip today! Thank you!
Autumn for my family has always included a visit to The Apple Barn — even though my husband left North Bennington many years ago and joined me on Long Island. Of course everything changes. One daughter now lives in Shreveport, Louisiana. The other is in Park Ridge, Illinois, about to give birth to her third child. Both have been feeling nostalgic for home — especially since my husband recently passed. A quick email to The Apple Barn yielded an immediate reply: “Yes, we will ship; just call and let us know what you need.” My order was taken, and within a day, I received a call giving me the cost to ship the donuts overnight or priority. I took my chance with priority and within a day both girls received a little of the “back home” they deeply needed. The Apple Barn did NOT disappoint. THANK YOU so much for your kindness, assistance, and for being one of our most valued and reliable traditions!
Thank you so much for the delicious Macintosh apples. Your generosity was appreciated and a blessing to many people. May God bless you.
Thanks for all your efforts to welcome my guests at The Apple Barn. Your efficiency and generosity of spirits are wonderful. Enjoy the treats!
We had a delicious time at The Apple Barn! The maple ice cream was amazing! We really loved your scarecrow “zombies”!
Love their baked goods the best. We visit whenever we are in the Berkshires from the Hudson valley. We take home frozen Harvest Barn pies so we can enjoy in the winter. Coming this weekend – can’t wait!
We are so very thrilled to enjoy your wonderful apples here in Miami (of course, where they don’t grow). Every one is perfect! It is always a happy event when I can bring my caravan tour groups to The Apple Barn – and I want you to know they are still talking about The Apple Barn and the pie at the end of the tour!! Hope to see you again next year! Many thanks.
We at the Bennington Rural Fire Department Companies 1 & 4 would like to thank you for your donation of cider and donuts. They were yummy!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I wanted to thank you for the lovely Fall Box of goodies! I’m enjoying the syrup, popcorn and cheese! On my first AE with Globus you were very gracious to hand me a black bear I was “eyeing”!! He’s sitting on a rocking chair!! I hope your Fall tours for 2014 ended well! I must admit I’m glad to be home, hang my clothes up and put the suitcase away for awhile!! The Apple Barn is always a fun spot to stop at and enjoy!! Thanks again… and may you enjoy the holiday season! God Bless and see you in 2015!
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your generous donation of many gorgeous apples to our food bank. It is because of folks like you that we are able to help support families in times of need. Thanks again and may God bless your efforts and business in the years to come.
A note of thanks for your kind generosity and donation of apples for our Great American Smoke Out Promotion during the week of November 17, 2014 here at the Vermont Department of Health and the Vermont State Office Building Complex. It is your support and commitment to our community that makes Bennington and the surrounding areas a wonderful place to live and work. Many thanks again!
On behalf of the Pownal United Methodist Church, thank you so much for your generous donation of apples for The Pancakes and Sausages Supper to benefit the “Beeper Snyder Benefit Fund”. The apples were so beautiful, we hated to turn them into applesauce. They made delicious applesauce to serve with pancakes. Local businesses are great!
Thank you very much for your most generous donation of the delicious apples for our school’s “Sugar Run”. The apples were enjoyed by students in Grades K-6 and the staff at P.E.S!
On behalf of Sunrise Family Resource Center and the families we serve, I want to thank you and The Apple Barn for your generous donation of beautiful new bibs, blankets, hats and onesies. They were received here with great enthusiasm!
My wife and myself love the items you have for sale – corn mill, flour, pancake mix, etc. I got the apple pancake mix when we were there last week and wish I was still there and we bought some items to take home and fix. We got the apple pancake mix and man… was that stuff good! And put a little apple butter or apple sauce in the mix… We like the apple butter the best, but I fixed some (breakfast) apple pancake mix for supper and that stuff will make your tongue slap your brains out! Man it was good. I need to order some of the stuff you have, if that is possible… and I sure hope it is! We need to get other things too, or come back over. We just live about 1 1/2 hours away. Thanks for all the good stuff y’all make for all the visitors that come by. Thanks very much, GOD bless you all.
On behalf of my chapter and myself, we wish to thank you and your staff for making our visit to your establishment an enjoyable one.
Your staff is not only professional, but personal as well. We enjoyed our visit to Bennington. We met some other Red Hatters that were there on two buses. We had a lovely visit with them, and your staff, all the while enjoying the yummy baked goods you offer.
After our purchases, we talked about the fun and pictures taken on our way home.
Again, thanks for making our event an enjoyable one.
Thank you… For your generous support of our campus. Your contribution will make a difference toward ensuring we reach out with community service.
– Loved their doughnuts and apple cider wine.
– I’ve loved the Apple Barn for as long as I can remember. They’ve got great apple and maple products and great gifts as well.
– A destination for us every fall. Cheddar cheese cut fresh from the wheel; tasty cheddar bread; incredible cookies and pastries and this year we tried Apple walnut pie versus apple crumb….it was to die for!
– Great homemade donuts, pies etc. Taste various types of Maple Syrup. Cider donuts are great. Great tasting maple cookies. Sit in dining area and relax. Nice afternoon visit in Vermont.
– Fun stop along side the road. Great apple pie ala mode.
– Love the apple barn and the pies
– The Best Apple Cider Donuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep the stories coming!